Baltimore, MD (October 21, 2015) – The Mullan Contracting Company has completed construction on a 7,766 square foot building addition to The Boys’ Latin School of Maryland, designed to house the all-school Student Commons and kitchen facilities. Located on Lake Avenue in Baltimore, Boys’ Latin is the oldest independent, nonsectarian college-preparatory school for boys in Maryland. The all-boys educational institution was founded in 1844 and serves 600 students from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Rubeling & Associates based in Towson, performed architectural and design services for this project.
Connected to Smith Hall, the new addition features generous windows allowing the flow of natural lighting to enter the dining facility and an “eyebrow” roof line that complements the distinctive architecture elements of the existing buildings. The use of brick was incorporated around the kitchen exterior to match the design of Smith Hall.
“This modern and flexible building serves as a tremendous amenity to the Boys’ Latin student body and addresses the school’s long-term dining and special event needs,” explained Joseph Rode, President of The Mullan Contracting Company. “The thoughtful architecture blends seamlessly with the existing campus.”
The Mullan Contracting Company recently completed or is currently engaged with additional school-related construction projects at Cecil County School of Technology, Nantucket Elementary School and McDonogh School.
Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Lutherville, MD, The Mullan Contracting Company is a full-service construction management and general contracting firm specializing in the commercial office, retail, hospitality, healthcare and institutional industries. For further information, visit www.mullancontracting.com.